- Services Available to Not-For-Profits
- How to Apply for a Grant
- Register for Our Grants Program Orientation
- Letter of Intent
- Foundation Funds that Accept Grant Applications
- Video Camera Lending Program
- Endowing Your Organization’s Future
- Organizations with Endowed Funds
- Other Online Resources
Letter of Intent
The first step in The Dayton Foundation’s discretionary grants application process is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). The LOI enables you to provide an overview of your project and funding request. Your organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) and serve one or more of the following counties in order to be eligible to receive a grant from The Dayton Foundation: Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Darke, Preble and/or Warren (north) counties.
Please note: If your organization is seeking funding for the purchase of a van, bus or other vehicle, please demonstrate in your Letter of Intent, or as an addendum, that you have thoroughly researched and exhausted all other existing community transportation options for your clients. (Click here for more information about the Foundation’s policy for Letters of Intent for vehicle purchases.)
If you have any questions about the form or the discretionary grantmaking process, please contact Michelle at (937) 225-9965.
^ top of page
IN HIS WORDS
“We had gone a year in our new building without serving meals. Because of a discretionary grant from The Dayton Foundation, we're serving meals again to people.”
– Jeffrey Sorrell, executive director, Life Enrichment Center
- ©2015 The Dayton Foundation
- All rights reserved worldwide.
- Phone: (937) 222-0410