Letter of Intent
The first step in The Dayton Foundation’s discretionary grants application process is to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI). The LOI enables you to provide an overview of your project and funding request. Your organization must be a registered 501(c)(3) and serve one or more of the following counties in order to be eligible to receive a grant from The Dayton Foundation: Montgomery, Miami, Greene, Darke, Preble and/or Warren (north) counties.
Policy for Letters of Intent for Vehicle Purchases
Please note: If your organization is seeking funding for the purchase of a van, bus or other vehicle, please demonstrate in your Letter of Intent, or as an addendum, that you have thoroughly researched and exhausted all other existing community transportation options for your clients.
Possible community resources may include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Participation in the “Transportation Coordination Council” (managed by RTA) which brokers and coordinates trips.
2. Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission dollars designated for nonprofit transportation for the elderly and persons with disabilities.
3. RTA donates used vehicles (12 last year) and has an application process.
4. RTA offers a “Travel Training Program” for riders who may be unfamiliar with navigating bus transportation. (Also offers a brochure in Spanish about using the RTA system.)
If you have any questions about the form or the discretionary grantmaking process, please contact Michelle at (937) 225-9965.
^ top of page
IN HIS WORDS
“We had gone a year in our new building without serving meals. Because of a discretionary grant from The Dayton Foundation, we're serving meals again to people.”
– Jeffrey Sorrell, executive director, Life Enrichment Center
- ©2016 The Dayton Foundation
- All rights reserved worldwide.
- Phone: (937) 222-0410